Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Caveat


My editor-in-chief is an elderly Rat Terrier named Zoey who spends eight to ten hours a day snoring in her bed beside my desk.  Her grasp of the English language and its attendant grammar is not much better than mine.  And her computer skills are sadly lacking.  (Is it possible…or even legal…to post a youtube video here?  I have no idea and she is of no help whatsoever.)

I have discovered that the “Post This” button is not always my friend.  More than once in the very short time I have been quietly blogging, I have clicked and shouted “NO! WAIT!” as I watched a misplaced comma slide into published position.  Or, even more frustrating, discovered the grammatical error three days later.  Yes, these things are repairable but the repairs have consequences as well.  Sigh. 

And so Zoey and I offer this contract.  We promise not to be overly judgmental of you, dear reader…if you agree to overlook the inadvertent bending of some rules of language here.

Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot tell you how many times I proof each post, and how many times I later find glaringly obvious typos that I have to go back and fix. I'll sign your contract if you grant me the same courtesy!

    P.S. - At least you have an editor-in-chief to help share responsibility for the occasional error...

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course there is "Darn, I could have said that much better." You have a deal my friend. Loved you post today, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah. There's that typo we were just discussing! YOUR post.

    ReplyDelete